Friday, May 6, 2011
I'm a fan of--
*Cheap. Yeah, I like saving money.
*Green. The best "green" strategy of all? Use what you have first.
* Color. Now that I live part-time in Florida, my wardrobe is much brighter.
* Recycling. Before you toss it, what can you do with it?
* Cute. I need a dose of it daily.
This page satisfies all my "fan" yearnings.
CHEAP The flowers came from a set of cheap drink charms I bought at the dollar store.
GREEN Most of the paper on this page is old. The dots are from K & Co., and I plan to use up the rest of the page in small pieces because this adorable pattern is a bit overwhelming otherwise.
COLOR There's a lot of it here! You could make a similar background paper to the K & Co. dotted pattern by using a circle punch on a bunch of your paper scraps, couldn't you? Hmmm.
RECYCLING The round circle is paper glued to and tucked around the cardboard circular top of a spool of ribbon. I just peeled the top off the spool, and voila!
CUTE My sister Meg drew this flamingo. He'd be the perfect accent for any vacation page. You can upload the file and print it out by going to my YouPublish library.
While you're there, be sure to check out the excerpt from Make, Take, Murder, the latest Kiki Lowenstein Mystery. It's available now through Amazon
The fabulous "VACATION" and the cute sunglasses on this page came from a K & Company Adhesive Chipboard pack.
You can win your own pack. Here's how:
1. Invite a friend to become a follower of this blog. Or become a follower yourself.
2. Leave me a comment telling me your friend's name or yours.
3. Do this before May 12 at midnight.
The first FIVE commenters to do so will win a package with 12 cool embellishments.
DEADLINE: May 12 at midnight.